Big Blue North is a recording studio with a band house located in a small city nestled at the foothills of the scenic Adirondack Mountains in central New York State. The building started its life in 1926 as the Church of the Nazarene. In 2001 it underwent 2 1/2 years of painstaking renovation, resulting in a great-sounding space that is a balance of historical integrity and modern convenience. Featuring a 1,700 square foot live room with 35-foot wood ceilings, a John Storyk designed control room with a fully automated 32 channel Rupert Neve Designs 5088 analogue console, a 2″ tape machine with CLASP and the 4,000 square foot residence, Big Blue North is a “sound hotel” for producers, engineers and musicians of all styles.
Featured Video :: Behind the scenes with The Black River during the ‘Classic Universe’ sessions.
Video filmed and edited by Sean Horan at SHH.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE
- Professional audio recording, editing and mixing
- Music production (sourcing session musicians, preproduction, song writing, arranging, re-amping, budget and fundraising advice, logistics etc.)
- MIDI composition, programming and editing
- Audio for advertising, radio production, voice-overs and audio books
- Limited post-production for film and TV, scoring, mixing and sound design
- Remote mixing and monitoring via our dedicated full duplex fiber optic internet connection