Big Blue North is a recording studio with a residence located in a small city nestled at the foothills of the scenic Adirondack Mountains in central New York State. The building started its life in 1926 as the Church of the Nazarene. In 2001 it underwent 2 1/2 years of painstaking renovation, resulting in a great-sounding space that is a balance of historical integrity and modern convenience. From the John Storyk designed control room to the 32 channel Rupert Neve Designs 5088 analogue console with 2″ tape and CLASP to the 1,700 square foot live room with 35-foot wood ceilings, Big Blue North is a “sound hotel” for producers, engineers and musicians of all styles.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE
- Professional audio recording, editing and mixing
- Music production (sourcing session musicians, preproduction, song writing, arranging, re-amping, budget and fundraising advice, logistics etc.)
- MIDI composition, programming and editing
- Audio for advertising, radio production, voice-overs and audio books
- Limited post-production for film and TV, scoring, mixing and sound design
- Remote mixing and monitoring via our dedicated full duplex fiber optic internet connection