Interesting Selection: volume 1 is a compilation of nine original bands from the 315 area code that was crafted over three months at Big Blue North Recording Studio in Utica and at our sister studio, Big Blue Meenie Recording Studio in Jersey City, NJ. The album is now available as a free download at Bandcamp, SoundCloud and ReverbNation. Big Blue North is also hosting a happy hour listening party from 5-8 pm on April 19 at the Dev in downtown Utica to celebrate the release as part of the worldwide observation of Record Store Day.
Track list –
1. Doll Test :: Mandate of Heaven – Chuck Gwynn (bass), Bob Kane (drums), Greg Pier (guitar/vox)
2. Cover Your Smiling :: Bad Cello – Zeno Pitarelli (guitar/bass/drums/keys/vox)
3. Candidates :: The Flashing Astonishers – Chuck Gwynn (bass), Dan Musclow (guitar/vox), Tony Tornabene (drums), Gregg Yeti (guitar)
4. Honorary Albatross :: J. Schnitt – (guitar/bass/percussion/keys/vox)
5. In The Sun :: Joe Sweet & John Kelsey – John Kelsey (guitar/backing vox), Sydney Brefka Pinto (backing vox), Joe Sweet (guitar/vox)
6. What You Know :: The Rusty Doves – Jerry Dee (stand up bass/piano/vox), Alyssa Stock (mandolin/vox)
7. People Talking :: Comfy – Connor Benincasa (guitar/vox), Ben Hicks (bass), Zeno Pitarelli (drums)
8. Momma Was A Dog :: Mason’s Revolt – Josh Brondou (bass), Nate Keida (drums)
Adam Nipe (vox), Ryan Parr (guitar)
9. Dilettantes :: Twin Speak – Brandon Battles (guitar), Ian Bellassai (drums), Brett Rhymestine (guitar)
All songs on Interesting Selection: volume 1 were recorded, mixed and mastered at Big Blue North/Big Blue Meenie by Jeff Aderman, Tim Gilles, Matt Messenger, Matt Dake, Richie Kennon and Chris Marinaccio. Artwork by Tracy Jager. Released on Record Store Day, April 19, 2014.
Very special thanks and respect to all of the musicians who participated in this folly. Much love to the fans, venues and retailers everywhere that support local original music.